Our small school is situated alongside the Wilson River approximately 25km north of Port Macquarie on the mid-north coast of NSW.
Telegraph Point PS has a long and proud tradition of high student achievement and the provision of diverse educational opportunities. Our highly professional, dedicated staff effectively implement a full and challenging curriculum, encouraging all students to achieve their personal best in all that they do.
The advantages of your child attending a small school like TELEGRAPH POINT PUBLIC SCHOOL
- Personal, friendly, family atmosphere in picturesque surrounds.
- Effective, fair and consistent student welfare policy. Students, parents and staff respect discipline guidelines.
- Balanced curriculum with high quality learning programs including Best Start, L3 – Language Learning & Literacy, TEN (Maths), 200 Night Reading Program and MultiLit.
- Enrichment programs for high achieving students – Tournament of Minds, Gifted and Talented days, Australian Schools competitions.
- Extensive use of technology in all classrooms.
- Students with learning difficulties receive targeted support and specialist teaching in small groups.
- Highly technical computer laboratory networked and linked by broadband internet.
- Student leadership and wellbeing initiatives – School Parliament, Peer Support, Kinder Buddies.
- School excursions (K-6) and camps (Years 4-6)
- Child Care Centre adjacent to school providing before and after school care.
- Parents living out of zone choose to have their child educated at Telegraph Point. (Limited places available.)
We welcome your further enquiry regarding our school. Please contact the school administration office.